"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt Disney

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Here We Go: NaWriMo - Day 1

Today, I began creating a manuscript proposal for my nonfiction project: an outline (645 words), an introduction to chapter one (246 words), began chapter seventeen (1,524 words), and drafted a query letter for the project (422 words). All of this will help me to focus my goals throughout this challenge. Total word count for Day 1 – 2,837 words.

Don't forget to enter my NaWriMo challenge and giveaway so that we can help encourage each other. I just added two more categories and another prize. Click the picture in the column to the right for more details.

Are you competing? How did your first day go? What problems or advice do you want to share?

7 comments:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Wow, hats off to you. Well done. Nope. I'm not participating in NaNoWriMo, but I did finish a draft of a mystery and this week I'll be rewriting another finished book. I hope to be done with that rewrite in a couple of weeks. It's really a polishing job. Best of luck on the rest of your NaNoWriMo challenge.

Rob-bear said...

The thought of writing more than one or two blog pots in a month feels overwhelming. You on the other hand, seem to relish these challenges. I hope you have a lot of fun, and finish your latest novel idea.

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Unknown said...

Holy cow Sylvia! You're my new hero!

sjp said...

Killing it straight off the bat!

Suzanne said...

Excellent start - not so good for me, but have a few hours free today, so hopefully will catch up! x

Tony Laplume said...

Technically it's cheating to work on an existing project.

Sylvia Ney said...

Congratulations to everyone who made it through the first day. Even if you are not at the # of words you expected, it's a start, and that's what matters!

Tony - even if you're working on an existing project, at least you're working toward a goal!